Monday, March 5, 2012

Back Log

So I started this project two weeks ago, but haven't really updated till now, so I will give some back story and catch you up to what I will be working on tonight. The first week i messed with source SDK and eventually moved to Unity. Within a couple days of working with Unity I made my first landscape type level and added some trees and grass and such. I even went ahead and made an executable and sent it to my cousin (who may be working on some textures for me) and a friend. I did hit a wall when i realized that 3D rendering in Unity is...troublesome. Quick search and I found Maya 3D rendering! And quickly realized that it cost a bit too much ($3,459 to be exact.) I downloaded the 30 day trial and I'm using that until it craps out on me. After that I will be using Blender. Anyways, I made my first 3D rendering of a crudely put together fence type object which I then placed in my level.
I also began to do my level design that will be connected to my landscape in Unity in Maya.
And built more...
And then I built some stairs and pillars...
And then I spent some time making a window...

All of this catches us up to last night. I will post again tonight with the things I worked on last night and plans for tonight.

Also, I will usually be working on this stuff between the hours of 7:30 pm and 6:00 am. i work a night shift that has a lot of down time and is the main place where I do all my work. You could technically say I get paid to make video games. Technically. Maybe one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment